Let the below video encourage you as
Vietnam Veteran Dave Roever gives his testimony!
Hope: Dave Roever from The
Net Church on Vimeo.
Click hyperlink below to download 8
Year history By county report for TN.
8 YR History By County Report xls spreadsheet
|| || |
|Total Veteran Population || 525,594 || ||Percent of Vet Population
|War-Time || 387,179 || ||73% |
|Vietnam Era || 187,203 || ||35% |
|World War II || 27,205 || ||5% |
|Female || 51,176
|Male || 474,417 || ||90.3% |
|Click to download
CFR Index Spreadsheet Click here to download
Explanation of Report: Lastest numbers were as reported by
the Department of Veteran Affairs http://www.va.gov/vetdata/ website.
Previous reports only contained compensation and pension benefits paid to claimants
represented by TDVA. TDVA only represents 67 percent of the veterans in Tennessee which is why previously reported numbers
were significantly lower. The future reports will be right from the VA's website above and will
include, C&P, Insurance, DIC, and Education.
|This is a Plaque (Steel on Wood) Presented in 2013
|Click picture to go to web site!
Federal Benefits for Eligible Veterans, Dependents, and/or Survivors
- Compensation for service connected disabilities
- Death and indemnity compensation for dependents
- Burial Benefits
- Servicemen's/Veterans Group Life Insurance
and Death Pension
- Medical and hospital care
- Nursing home care
- Drug and alcohol dependence
- Education benefits
- Employment benefits
- Vocational rehabilitation
- Special adapted motor vehicles
- Adaptive equipment for motor vehicles
- Grants for specially adapted homes
- Home loans
- Upgrading of military discharges
and aids for blind veterans
- Assistance to homeless veterans
- Small and disadvantaged business utilization
- Disabled Veterans Outreach
- Reemployment rights
- Clothing allowance for prosthetic or
orthopedic appliance users
State Benefits for Eligible Veterans, Dependents, and/or Survivors
PRIOR ACTIVE DUTY VETERANS
ELIGIBILITY FOR INTERMENT:
- Any person who served on active duty in the
Armed Forces of the United States (Army, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard and Marine Corps) who was discharged or released there
from before September 7, 1980 under conditions other than dishonorable.
- Any member of
the Armed Forces of the United States who died while on active duty.
- Any person who served
on active duty in the Armed Forces of the United States who entered active duty as an enlisted person after September 7, 1980,
and officers commissioned who entered active duty after October 17, 1981, and whose discharge or separation from active military
service was under "other than dishonorable'" conditions. A person whose first tour of duty began on or after
the dates listed above is eligible if he or she completed a continuous period of active duty of at least 24 months or the
full period for which called or ordered to active duty, whichever is shorter or was released because of a hardship discharge,
or has a compensable service connected disability or was released because of a service connected disability.
VERIFICATION INFORMATION REQUIRED
- Full name of veteran.
- Date of birth, service and social security numbers.
- Service Dates: entry and
discharge from active duty. (This information can be found in veteran’s discharge papers or DD Form 214.)
THERE IS NO COST IF ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS ARE MET
EXCEPT UNDER THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS:
- There is a $700.00 fee for the interment
of a veteran’s spouse or eligible dependent children that must be paid prior to or the day of the burial.
- The same guidelines apply.
- The State of Tennessee does not require an outside container
for burial. This is a personal preference of the family.
- All veterans are entitled to a white, upright marble headstone at government expense when buried in a State Veterans
Cemetery. A temporary grave marker is used to identify grave site until the permanent headstone is delivered in approximately
three to four months.
RESERVE & NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERS
ELIGIBILITY FOR INTERMENT:
- Reserve & National Guard members who are
in receipt of compensation or pension from the VA are eligible for burial and do not have to pay the plot allowance, except
when our claim is denied by the U. S. Department of Veterans of Affairs.
- Reserve &
National Guard members who completed twenty or more years of reserve or guard service and are entitled to retirement pay.
- Reserve & National Guard members are also eligible for burial under the following five
(5) categories and do not have to pay the plot allowance cost, except when our claim is denied by the U. S. Department of
- Dies under honorable conditions while undergoing active duty for training.
- If called to active duty, completes the full period for which called up.
- Dies under honorable conditions while performing full time AGR service.
at least 24 months of active service.
- Discharged due to service connected disability while
on active duty.